Feel your anxiety raise as the grim reaper releases you onto a 5k course of chaos. Your worst nightmare will seem like a fairytale as you drag yourself in and out of mud pits and hurl your shaking body over obstacle after obstacle. You will face everything from mindless, lumbering brutes, to lightning-fast, cunning predators driven forward by an insatiable hunger for your lifelines. The real question is will you escape the chase or run to death!
Date: May 4th
Early Registration (before 4/15/2013): $65
Late Registration (4/16/2013 to 5/3/2013): $75
Day of Event: $85 if available
*A $10 insurance fee will be added to your final amount.
3740 S. Signal Butte Rd. Mesa, Arizona 85212
- Graveyard Mounds(***lifeline opportunity): 20 foot dirt mounds will get you warmed up for what lies ahead
- Through the Trenches: commando crawl through the mud trenches or risk the barbed wire above
- Swamp Time: the mud just keeps getting deeper and deeper
- Balance Beam: walk across a 20 foot balance beam but be careful your shoes are muddy
- Roll in the Hay: if you didn’t think you were dirty enough think again hay and mud go great together
- Field of Dreams(***lifeline opportunity): monsters are waiting so don’t let the lifelines scattered all around distract you
- Pyramid of Death: up and over the pyramid you go
- Firing Range: another commando crawl but you better keep low the black plastic over head is the only thing protecting you from the paint ball firing squad above.
- 50/50(***lifeline opportunity): 50 yd dash while carrying a 50 lb sack or smaller competitor
- Death by Hanging: climb across the rope ladder but be careful the monsters are below
- Monster Mash(***lifeline opportunity): the mallets our monsters have been given are not deadly but I would avoid at all cost
- Ring of Fire: of course we have to have fire to jump over
- Black Hole(***lifeline opportunity): this 150 foot water slide will help wash off some of the mud and finish with a splash
**These are some, but not all of the obstacles that will be at the course. Check in race day for a map of exact obstacles.
Register now using the form below:
Rules: I agree to become familiar with and abide by all rules posted on escapethechase.com, written and/or posted rules of Run to Death and/or B Extreme Events, as well as all written and/or posted rules of the mud run event. I further agree to comply with all directions, instructions and decisions of Run to Death and/or B Extreme Events and event personnel. I further agree not to challenge these directions, instructions, decisions, or rules on any basis at any time.
Delay or Cancellation in the case of an emergency: I acknowledge that Run to Death and/or B Extreme Events at its sole discretion may modify, delay, or cancel the Run to Death mud run event if conditions of natural or man-made emergencies make administering the event unreasonably unsafe. I agree that “emergency” is defined to mean any condition beyond the control of Run to Death and /or B Extreme Events, including but not limited to: high winds, extreme rain or hail, hurricane, tornado, earthquake, flood, acts of terrorism, fire, threatened or actual strike, labor difficulty or work stoppage, insurrection, war, public disaster, and unavoidable casualty. In the event of a delay, modification, or cancellation of the Run to Death event outlined in this paragraph, I understand that I will not be entitled to a refund of my entry fee or any other costs incurred in connection with the Run to Death mud run event.
Authority Instructions: I assert and give Run to Death and/or B Extreme Events has the authority to issue instructions or directions relating to the manner of my safe participation in the mud run event, course or related activities and the authority to halt my participation in the mud run event, course or related activities at any time they deem it necessary to protect the safety of participants, spectators, and personnel; and/or promote fairness to all in attendance.
Course Removal: I understand that Run to Death and/or B Extreme Events and mud run event personnel may immediately cause anyone, including myself who disobeys any rules, directions, instructions, decisions, or laws, or whose behavior endangers the safety or negatively affects a person, facility, or property of any type or kind, to be removed from the course.
Fee Refunds: I understand and recognize that all fees and associated costs with the Run to Death and/or B Extreme Events mud run event including any and all fees or costs paid in registration for this mud run event are not refundable for any reason under any circumstances, including but not limited to injury, a scheduling conflict, and/or event cancellation except special circumstances.
Attitude and Demeanor: I recognize and agree to exhibit appropriate behavior at all times and to demonstrate respect for all people, equipment, and facilities; and participate and cooperative with a positive attitude.
Drugs and/or Alcohol: I certify that I am not, and on the date of the Run to Death mud run event will not be, under the influence of alcohol or any drugs that would in any way impair my ability to safely participate. I further, understand that alcohol consumption following the event is strongly discouraged by Run to Death and/or B Extreme Events and take full responsibility for any decision to consume alcohol at that time. Drug use of any kind is prohibited.
General Rules: No urination or defecation is permitted outside of the port-o-johns or restroom areas. No wheeled or motorized vehicles or pets are allowed on the course at any time. No clothing, props or equipment that may injure or pose any unnecessary risk to participants, spectators or personnel are permitted. No firearms or weapons of any kind are allowed. Obey civil and criminal laws including traffic laws.
You must accept these rules and bring a signed copy of the waiver to the event to be admitted. You may download both documents below: